COVID-19 update, precautions and float safety
Our number one priority is the health and safety of our staff and everyone that floats with us. We already place massive importance on cleaning and hygiene in our efforts to provide the best possible experience and we are now even more focused in this area. Floating is a non contact practice and our staff will exercise social distancing when showing new customers to the float room and guiding them through the process.
Is floating safe during this time?
The short answer is yes.
Floating offers fivefold protection provided by the oxidizer (H2O2), high turnover 1 Micron filtration, UV steriliser, AOP effect and the added benefit of the supersaturated salt concentration all working together to provide a clean and safe environment.
“The virus…is not spread in water, such as float water.” Dr. Roy Vore, Microbiologist
“There is no evidence that COVID-19 can be spread to humans through the use of pools and hot tubs.” – Centres for Disease Control and Prevention
What precautions are we taking?
As always, our sanitation is top priority for us. However, we are now taking extra measures to ensure the highest degree of hygiene is maintained.
- We have installed anti-bacterial hand sanitiser at various points across our facility
- We are taking on board all guidance from the authorities
- All areas in our float room, especially touch points, light switches, door handles anywhere people might come in contact with, are thoroughly sanitised between customers.
- We are now allowing one hour between float sessions for extra cleaning and to fully ventilate the room allowing fresh air to circulate.
- Tank interior sanitised after every float using our new ULV fogger with a solution of hydrogen peroxide.
- Water line scrubbed & entire tank rinsed during filtration.
- All surfaces wiped clean.
- Tank thoroughly dried.
Float tank hygiene.
All customers must shower before and after their float. The highly sterile salt water solution of the floatation tank ensures that nothing harmful can survive within the tank. This solution is automatically pumped and filtered at least 4 times between each customer (and 24-hours a day when not in use). The water is filtered through a 1-micron pool filter (that’s 1/100th the diameter of a human hair!) and is sanitised with a commercial grade disinfection and also sanitised with an ultraviolet light.
There will only be one customer at a time so it is social distancing at its best. We want our customers to rest assured and reap all the benefits this service has to offer; such as improving their immune system, reducing stress, improving sleep and much more.
We ask customers to book online so that we can take payment for their float prior to visiting to limit close proximity interaction.
To book your float with us click here > https://www.floathouse.ie/#book-an-appointment We look forward to seeing you
If you feel symptoms and have a float booked?
Please call or email us and we will happily rearrange for you.
If you have any questions please email email@example.com
Providing you with a safe haven to relax, recharge and rejuvenate